Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Les Invalides et Petit Palais

Class was boring and sleepy as usual. We had a guest lecturer, Christophe Jaffrelot, who was a very smart and funny Frenchman that does research on nationalism. Not my cup of tea as far as a topic goes but then again, none of this political stuff is. After, I decided to make the most of my day and go to Les Invalides and visit Napoleon’s Tomb. Les Invalides were gorgeous, of course (I mean, they’re in Paris) but it was 9 euro to see the tomb. I decided to take some time to evaluate the worth of those 9 Euros and went to Le Petit Palais with a classmate. We saw lots of 19th and 20th century art but most of the museum was closed (no reason given). There was also an exhibition for Yves St Laurent (yeah, I don’t know who that is either) and that took up half of the museum. There was a second floor garden, which I thought was gorgeous and so French.

After, we took a walk up the Champs-Elysée and ended up reading on a bench in the park. A long metro-ride home and a quick trip to the grocery store ended the day. I bought my very own baguette, which I was very excited about. Now my homework continues to follow me wherever I go so it’s that time of night. More museums tomorrow. Hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment