Thursday, January 29, 2009

Le petit ville de St. Paul

            Yesterday we visited St. Paul, a little medieval village with little alleyways that remind me of why I love Europe.  After visiting a modern art museum, and realizing I remember very little from my Art History courses, we entered the fortified city and finally had the crepes we had been craving.

There was a quaint little chocolate shop (and by quaint, I mean expensive) that had 26 kinds of chocolate candies, each stamped with a different letter of the alphabet.  “C” was filled with caramel, “T” was filled with thyme, and “J” with Jasmine.  The herb ones weren’t so great, but the concept was too cute to pass up.   

             I’ve been trying to avoid taking pictures of scenes that I won’t need to scrapbook. But, in an effort to fit into the tourist stereotype (and because I can’t resist capturing beautiful scenery that doesn’t exist in the States) I took way too many pictures of St. Paul and the view from atop the city walls.  They’ll make good living room decorations some day. 

            Later, we went to the grocery store to stock up on our 2 Euro bottles of French wine since the city decided to strike again.  Every public building is closed.  These people already get 8 weeks paid vacation and they’re still striking.  I should work here. 

Tonight is a night of soirees:  Chinois Soiree for dinner, and a crepe soiree at night.  A party just for crepes? I love this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment